Del City, was founded in 1946 by George Epperly, who purchased and developed 160 acres in what is now the center of town. At first known as Epperly Heights, Del City was eventually named for the developer's daughter, Delaphene Campbell. St. Paul the Apostle Parish was founded in 1956 as St. Francis Xavier.
The first Pastor of St. Francis Xavier Parish was Father Bernard Havlik. The property at 22nd and McCracken in Del City, Oklahoma was purchased from the Del City Christian Church. The small brick building on the site served the newly formed parish and its house of worship for the next five years. A small house nearby became the rectory. In 1961, with Father Charles Statham as pastor, a barracks was moved onto the property and remodeled as the parish church and the original building became a parish hall.
By 1966 the parish had grown to 340 families, and there was a need for a larger church. The parish bought ten acres on Sunnylane Road, and ground was broken on the new site in January 1966 and completed later that same year. The first Mass in the new church was celebrated on October 2, 1966. The new church was formally dedicated by Bishop Victor Reed on November 22, 1966. The name was officially changed to St. Paul the Apostle Catholic Church in 1967, at the instigation of then pastor Father Ernest Flusche. The old church was converted to classrooms to be used for Religious Education.
Father John Scheller was pastor from 1968 until 1978. He was replaced by Father John Paul Page. In 1979 a new parish rectory was built adjacent to the church. Father Page lived there until his death in June 1981. Father Stephen Cude became pastor and served until June 1982.
Father Franklin Wrigley was pastor from 1982 until 1985. During that time, plans were made and the building of a new parish hall began.
Under the leadership of Father Paul Mollan, the parish hall was completed in September 1985 and a new Religious Education Center with eight classrooms was completed in 1993. Father Mollan was pastor until 1994.
At that time, Father Kenneth Kulinski became pastor. He was instrumental in the expansion of the parish hall. After his medical retirement in 2005, Father Lowell Stieferman came to St. Paul's as pastor and the parish thrived under his leadership.
On June 15, 2010 Rev. Maurus P. Jaeb, O.S.B. became pastor. He is the first Benedictine Monk of St. Gregory's Abbey, Shawnee to be the pastor of St. Paul the Apostle Parish.
On July 1, 2014, Father Joseph Sundar Raju Pudota was appointed as pastor of St. Paul the Apostle Catholic Church.